TENGKU ANIS KURSHIAH


Prose fiction – Short story

Best memories ever

“Ti-ti! Tic-tic! Tic-tic-tic! Tic-tic!” I woke up to the sound of the alarm clock that came from my phone. From the middle of the most wonderful dream I was brought sharply into focus. I breathed long and slow. It’s 6.00 am. “Yes, today is that important day that I have been waiting for.” I uttered to myself. It’s not my first time experiencing this day, yet the excitement was still there. Since purple is my favourite colour, I chose to start my first day at school with purple baju kurung combined with a white satin shawl. “Tengku Anis”. I put up my name tag proudly while looking at the mirror. I drove my mom’s car that I named as Jazz to the school which took about 10 minutes to arrive. “Nice!” I yelled happily when I found a perfect place to park Jazz as there was a shady tree that will prevent Jazz from the scorching hot sun light.
Your first day at school is always different depending on where you go. I have been to two different schools before this for school based experience which was for a week for each school. As I stepped out of Jazz, I could hear the noisy sounds from the pupils that came from the assembly hall. “Anis!!!” A familiar voice greeted me from the back. I turned my head and as expected, it was my friend, Fatin, which was also my partner for a week here in this school. “Hi babe, wow you’re here already?” I responded excitedly. “Yes, I arrived just 5 minutes ago” she replied. “Oh I see. Now let’s go and meet the headmaster to report ourselves.” As we walked to the office, we smile and greeted all the teachers that we bumped into. Some of them were curious, hence we introduced ourselves that we were from teacher trainee institute. After meeting the headmaster, we were brought to the staff room where there were few empty tables for us.
Then, a bald teacher aged around 50’s came and greeted us. He is an experienced English teacher in that school. “Hey girls, why don’t you follow me to the main hall? There’s a practice for action song competition. We’re also preparing the hall for the competition as our school will be the host for this competition. You may come and help us”. “Oh, sure sir. We would love to help” I replied. “Yes sir, we would be very happy to lend our hand and learn from you” added Fatin. From the staff room, we followed him to the main hall. As I arrived at the main hall, I was thrilled when I heard my favourite song titled Solo by Jennie Kim was played as the background music for the action song. “Oh my god” I guess I chose the right school for my School Based Experience. My inner self wanted to scream as I was realIy excited but at the same time I was curious why they choose a K-Pop song for the background music. Not just that, they also followed some part of the choreography from the song as their movement in the action song but they adapted the lyrics into their own songs which is about bullies. I approached a few teachers that were in charge for this event. Puan Aina as the head of this event shared that they used the latest and up to date song to ensure the pupils who joined this competition were familiar with the music.
Fatin and I helped to decorate the hall for the competition that will be held the next day. We arranged some fresh flowers on the stage and put some fairy lights at the banner. “Wow, so beautiful. Our stage completely looks better. You girls are so talented” Praised a teacher that has been observing us while we were decorating. According to the teacher, there will be 20 schools from the district that will join the competition tomorrow. Hence, we tried our best to contribute and give a help to make sure the hall is a conducive place for the competition to be held. Not just decorating the stage, we also helped to assist the teachers in training the participants for the action song. We helped to improve their movement to be more sharp and energetic.
The next day came where the competition will be held. I came to support our school team. As expected, the pupils did very well as we practiced the day before. They really did the best and I was really proud of them. “Awh, my babies did very well..” I expressed my happiness to Fatin. She smiled happily and nodded, “Yes, thank god we’re able to involve ourselves with this event. This is indeed a memorable experience for us.” After the students finished performing, I went to the backstage and I received so many hugs from the students that came to thank me as they told me that they improved a lot after I came. It was nice to hear that. After all the performances finished, they announced the winner. “The winner for the action song competition goes to…SK Bukit Tunggal!” There goes my heart. I could not describe how happy I was at the moment. That was the best gift I could give to the school.















Prose non- fiction – Diary entry

Thursday, April 4 2019


Dear diary,
Today was my last day here. I could not feel anything else than sad to leave this school. My heart was already here. How I wish I could extend some more time to continue my School Based Experience (SBE) here. Just one more week please? Thinking about the hectic life with full of assignments after SBE enough to make my heart feel heavy to leave this place. Not just because of that, but also because I was already attached and got close with some of the teachers here. Oh, did I ever mention Cikgu Fatimah before? She is the kindest person I ever met. She treated me like her own daughter. She was my neighbour in the staff room as her table was just one table next to me. Cikgu Fatimah loves to cook. She always brings home cook food and shared with other teachers at the staff room. From my day one here, she’s the one who always invited me to eat together anything that she brings from home. I still remember the first day I came here, she invited me to taste her nasi dagang that she cooked from home. No words can describe how delicious it was. It was really heart-warming and I feel very welcomed. Awh, I’m sure going to miss her after this.
However, I was not going to waste my last day by just being sad. I was going to make my last day meaningful and memorable so that later I got something sweet to be remembered as memories in this school. Thus, on my last day I bring some mangoes for the teachers at the staff room. We sit together while eating the mangoes. Cikgu Fatimah was also there. She felt very touched on how thoughtful I am to bring something for them on my last day. I could not describe how happy I was to have this strong bond with a kind-hearted person like Cikgu Fatimah. We took pictures for the last time before she left as she had class.
Oh, not to forget, as this was my last day here, I walked around the school compound for the last time and took some pictures with the pupils. I am such a memory holder. Leaving something that I started to love is not easy. My heart breaks a little but life must go on. Now it’s time to go back to reality. Till next time, bye diary.
Love,
Anis.

Year 1 Pupils
Year 6 pupils

Poetry

Memories

I still remember the day I step my feet
Into this place that holds thousands
Of emotions, feelings and passion
That I never expected.

I still remember the day I step my feet
Into a classroom that gathers
Small little monster
That shows innocent face.

Little did I know
This memory I will hold tight
As time passes and I’ll leave
Till the photos are the only ticket to the moment.


Little did I know
Every faces holds a thousand stories inside
How I wish I could unfold each of them
And give reasons for each of their act.


In memories, 3 Ibnu Sina

Comments

  1. Woah! what a nice writing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! The story is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great piece of writing. good writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel that your words are dancing for happiness and picture how proud you are because of the action song competition. I also can feel the closeness between you and Fatin and I admire that the friendSHIP is sailing romantically between these two friends like Jack and Rose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share us your thoughts!

Popular Posts