KAZHVINIE



Prose Fiction:Short Story (Ballerina The Year 5 student)


 Hello everyone! I am Kazhvinie Gopikrishnan. I created this blog during my one-week School Based Experience (SBE) when I was in the Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan ( Tamil ) Kem Askar Melayu. So, I hope everyone will enjoy!

          Its 05:45 and my mobile phone alarm make the worst noise that you could ever imagine. Anyway, I sluggishly pulled myself out of my bed and dragged myself to my closet.  The words, ‘first day of school based experience’ moaned ghastly in my head. After, I washed and I dressed with a formal dress code where I had the feeling of responsibility as a teacher to go to school in a right time.

       To be honest, I have not always wanted to work in the education. It all started when I really started falling in love with my volunteer work at a language camp that involves work with people living in urban area. My experiences at that camp influenced me to want to major in English language and coming to International Languages Teacher Training Institute has made me passionate about it.  I got to attend my last school based experience (SBE) about one week from 1st April to 5Th April at Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan (Tamil) Kem Askar Melayu, and it was one of the great experiences in my life. Of course, I was incredibly anxious on my first day. When I wore my formal clothes and went inside of the school entrance, I was very proud to see myself going to school as a teacher.
 
       Upon reaching the school I headed to the principal’s office. She was having a big smile on her face after seeing me, a former student as a future teacher in the school. She then directed me to the school coordinator, Mrs Nageswary, the vice principal of the school. She asked me to stay around as I wait for the rest of the teachers. In the staff room, the administrators welcome me and highlighted me with the school rules and regulation. I was allocated associate teachers. I also gained knowledge that teachers have to well-prepared before they enter a class. My associate teachers gave me some of their classes to teach and I also had an exposure to attend relief classes. 

           One day, I entered the 5 Valluvar class, I felt very panicky at first because it is level 2 class but then I controlled it and moved on teaching and I did not notice this student at all. A girl that sitting behind at the class was so quiet while the rest of the students in the class were so noisy. I went around asking students to introduce them, and it was only then I took notice of the pretty girl. When I asked for her name, the young student kept quiet and did not say a word. She sat down, and staring at the table. Even after prompting her several times, Ballerina still did not answer and I only got to know her name after asking one of her friends. One of her classmates told me, "Teacher, she's shy”. In the next class, while most students were noisy, I observed and found out that Ballerina often looking at her table. I quickly decided to do something about it. I decided to shift her seating position, moving her to the front of the classroom so that it would be easier for me to closely monitor Ballerina. I was too curious about how other teachers would teach her, I asked her desk mate , he said, "Other teachers just let her be because she will not say a word. She will just stare at his desk. I figured that it would be unfair for the student to be left out and decided to speak in Tamil, in my suspicions that perhaps she was not proficient in Bahasa. I asked, “Where the exercise book is?”. She shook her head. She answered slowly, with the phrase "don't have'. I felt sorry if I had to punish Ballerina because she might have some financial problems but on the other hand, I understand that it would be unfair if she did not face any consequences. I decided to lend her the books that I obtained from the school.

         Things went on as usual and I tried to approach her whenever I could. I later discovered that the teenager actually paid close attention in my classes, to her own surprise. As days passed by she became more confident and was able to communicate well with me and her peers. As the saying goes, “All work and no play makes jack a dull boy” my school has made a very good arrangement for Sports Day and games. Games such as sponge toss, water bomb tag, bowling with coconuts and many activities are played. I discovered that Ballerina was quiet and passive in the classroom and she became active during the games at the field. She won all the games that she participated. Then, I realised that I should not judge a book by its cover and I should not underestimated Ballerina’s ability in activities.

                                                               5 VALLUVAR

Games such as sponge toss, water bomb tag, bowling with coconuts and many activities were played by pupils



 
Poetry: Poem (My school Life)

I came here as a little kid,
The lovely teachers gave me a bid,
Their love stopped my crying.

School Life is God’s best gift,
With joys and sorrows, where the life drift!,
It’s the school which has lit the light.

The golden moments with the pupils,
Being with them miseries end,
Really, the students are shining diamonds.



  
Prose non-fiction: Journal writing (School based experience)

Monday, 1st April 2019

       I still remember this morning. I was both nervous and excited, since it was the first day for me to go to new environment school which was Malay Army camp based as a trainee teacher. When I got to school, however, the excitement was overcome by nervousness; butterflies were fluttering in my stomach. My legs were trembling when I walked into the school. I witnessed pupils running and playing the games.

Tuesday, 2nd  April 2019

      I entered the relief class in the morning. They were really great. I felt like the lesson went pretty well. The first was that the room was cold. I wonder if I should have checked on another room or something like that immediately. I think that I was a bit stubborn and just wanted to get the lesson started. The day, I noticed Ballerina and started to discover about her behavior at her class.

Wednesday, 3rd April 2019

       Games such as sponge toss, water bomb tag, bowling with coconuts and many activities are played. I realised that ballerina participating actively. While the pupils playing, the soldiers were having their scheduled training, marching through the forest.

Thursday, 4th April 2019

        My school has made a very good arrangement for Sports Day and games. Ballerina won all the games that she participated.

Friday, 5th April 2019

    Tears trickle down my cheeks as I remember my last day in that school. It was a great period of my life. But the great time passed away like a happy dream. I received many gifts from the pupils as a token of gratitude and love from the pupils.

Comments

  1. More Value on Your Carrier As the Teacher .Done great job handle kids.Especially Belliana .Proven that Kids needs attention. Starting with urban areas experience will leads you to have more confident as teacher . Good luck For You carier As Teacher. Devaki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 👌i learned so much of new words from this.Good keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting piece of writing. Written with pure creativity and good imagination skills. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share us your thoughts!

Popular Posts