NUR NAJMIE NADHIRA

PROSE FICTION (SHORT STORY) :
 ANGEL ! PLEASE LOOK AFTER HIM !


“Knock ! Knock ! Knock ! The knocking sound of the door wake me up. “Hurry up ! You will be late to school. Today is your first day right ? Come on ! Wake up ! Without wasting my time I moved my body to the window of my room. The birds were singing happily. The dew drops were falling from the leaves of the plants. The grass was wet due to the dew drops. Then, I straight away went to the bathroom and took my shower. I dressed up myself and went to the kitchen.

The moment I slide into my chair I was served with an enormous platter of food. Eggs, hash browns and piles of fried potatoes. What a perfect breakfast on a Sunday morning.  I poured myself a cup of coffee, added a generous pour of cream, hoping that it would give me energy throughout the day.

After having my breakfast, I drove myself to the school. I reached the school by 7.15 a.m. I read the signboard, “Sekolah Kebangsaan Jabi”. “Yeah ! This is the school. I’m at the right school.” The sun was rising up from the clouds and the sky was bright. The birds were chirping and enjoying the cool breeze. The wind howls as the students arrived through the gates, hustling and bustling down the corridors. Friends are greeting each other with a hug or a playful punch. It just reminded about my primary school friends. “Ok Najmie ! Let’s go !” I talked to myself. I got down from my car and putted my steps to the office. My heart was beating a litttle faster, my adrenaline rush, my anticipation was building up. It was like the first day of school when you went to kindergaten or something. I felt a little bit nervous but I tried my best to look calm. I greeted the clerks in the office and asked her they way to the headmistress room. She brought me to the room and wished me “Good luck’. The headmistress welcomed me and asked me several questions regarding my personal backgrounds.

“I hope that you can cope well in this school. If you have any problems just ask Kak Kinah, the clerk to help you,” she said. I nodded. “So now, let’s go to the main hall. Assembly will start at 7.30 a.m.” I nodded again. I followed her bumps to the main hall. I was introduced in front of the 320 little cute students. All beautiful crystal eyes focused on me. They gave their purest and sweetest smile ever. After the assembly, Kak Kinah brought me to the staffroom and showed me my place. I thanked her.

Time flowed as fast as lightning. I checked my phone for the time. A minute had passed since I last checked two hours ago, or so it seemed. Sitting in the staffroom with nothing to do and there was no telling when I would be called for a relief class. Boredom killed !  Suddenly, someone patted my shoulder from the back. “Excuse me ! Here is your relief time,” she smiled and walked away. I was on a cloud nine. This was what I waited for. I straight away looked at the small note on my hand. “3 Berkat, 10.45 a.m till 11.45 a.m.,” I whispered to myself. Without wasting my golden time I walked gracefully to the classroom.
            As I entered the classroom everyone eyes were on me. Their eyes were alight. Their smile shined like the stars in the sky, with no bright city lights to dim them. They must be very excited to know me as I was the new teacher in their school. Suddenly, my eyes caught a boy with different badge on his school uniform. Everyone seemed to be happy but except for this boy. He looked so lost. I walked slowly to him and gave genuinely sweet smile that I have.  “Why your badge is different?”, I asked. “He is a new student, Miss,” another boy seating beside him responded to my question. His face looked very pale, and he looked uncomfortable. “Where was your previous school ?“ I asked again. “In Selangor,” he replied. “Why you move here?” I could not stop my curiosity to know about him. He looked away, then back at me. “My parents !” That’s the only answer that came out from his mouth.

There were so many questions played in mind. I looked at him and asked, “Where is your parent ?” Out of the blue, his eyes shifted to the side again and became glazed with a glassy layer of tears. As he blinked, they dripped from his eyelids and slid down his rose chubby cheeks. He bit her lip tightly in attempt to hide any sound that wanted to escape from his mouth; my heart sank. He took a deep breath and told everyone in the classroom, “My parents had passed away.” I could hear his voice shaking. “I want them! “, he suddenly burst into tears. I was speechless ! Was I asking the wrong question ? Was it my fault ? I felt so sorry towards him. I hugged him and tried to calm him.



I felt a heavy sadness. How a little boy like him need to face this big challenge ! How he want to survive in this challenges world without his parents. Until now, he still in mind, every second, every minute and every hour. I really hope that everybody in the school treats him well. I pray that angel will always look after him !

PROSE NON-FICTION (BLOG) : 
MY LAST DAY OF SBE


3RD APRIL 2019
16:30 HRS
SK JABI, 06400 POKOK SENA KEDAH.

Today is the last day of my School-Based Experience (SBE). Everyone included the teachers and staff need to gather in the hall. We had and assembly and continued with the Yassin recitation. After that, we continued with the celebration of ‘Israk and Mikraj’. Ustaz Abdul was entrusted to give the talk. His way of presentation was very interesting and lively. Maybe because he already used to that. All the students gave their full attention towards the talk. His joke made all the students and teachers stayed fresh and did not feel sleepy. I really like the way he gave the talk.

After that, we had a ‘Gotong-royong’ session to clean up the school compound. This was because our school had been stricken by the storm yesterday. There were some broken things such as class windows, flower pots, and some chairs and table at the canteen. There were also some fallen branches around the school compound. However, the effect from the storm were not too bad but still we need to clean up everything so that the students can learn in a comfortable zone. All the students and teachers cooperated well in cleaning the school compound. We collected the fallen branches and leaves, cleaned up the drains and arranged the chairs and table at the canteen. With the help of the gardener and also the cleaner, we managed to settle everything at sharp 10.30 a.m.

Lastly, all the teachers had a small banquet in the staffroom. This was to celebrate my last day in the school. We had ‘Nasi Daging’, chicken curry and ‘air asam’. They were very delicious. The headmistress also gave me a mug with the school logo as a souvinier. I thanked them a lot for the food and for their cooperation for as long as I was in the school.


POETRY(POEM) : THE BELL RING


Ring ! Ring ! Ring !
Today is the first day of schooling
The bell is shouting
Assembly is calling
Teachers are welcoming
Prefect are ready for checking.

Ring ! Ring ! Ring !
The bell is screaming
Let’s go to the field
Watching the birds flying
Playing, jumping and running
We are all sweating

Ring ! Ring ! Ring !
The bell is shouting
It is time for eating
Let’s singing and walking
Straight away to the canteen
Buying foods and drinks

Ring ! Ring ! Ring !
The bell is yelling
Teacher is waiting
Let’s continue learning.
Discussing and writing
Until the pen run out of ink
  
Ring ! Ring ! Ring !
The gate is opening
Parents are waiting
The security is patrolling
Goodbye friends !
See you again tomorrow morning !


Comments

Popular Posts