MUHAMMAD MUZAMMIL

Prose-fiction
During my excitement while waiting to go for my School-Based Experience, never did I thought that I will be experiencing the most memorable time of my life at that school. Sekolah Kebangsaan Seri Wakaf Bharu, that is the name of the school that I will never forget. During my one week SBE, I had to stay at my friend’s house considering the location of our chosen school is quite far away from my house. Along with my three friends, we were having fun in our room the night before our first day at school. As we were playing and talking, one of my friend, Luqman, said something that made all of us quiet and in suspense. “Do you want to know a scary story about the school we are going tomorrow?” He asked. After looking at each other for quite some time, I asked him to proceed with the story out of curiosity, although one of my other friend, Nabhan insisted on cancelling his story.
After that, luqman immediately started his story while Nabhan was still cowering under the blanket. To pick up the mood, we switched off the light and leave only one table lamp to illuminate the room.
“And that is why that school is haunted until now”. Luqman ends his story.
After listening to his story, we felt a chill up our spine. Nevertheless, all of us thought that he just made that story up, so I did not seriously take what he said at that time. As usual, Nabhan was still scared of the story although Rey already said it was just a made up story to convince him not to be too scared. Suddenly, one wild idea popped into Luqman’s head, he asked if we wanted to visit the school that night. He said that it was just to know the way to that school so that we would not rush too much in the next morning. Since the night was still early, all of us agreed to his plan except Nabhan. However, he was forced to follow us because he did not want to be left alone anyway in the house.
Without wasting any time, we went into the car and proceed with our destination. During our journey, there was an uneasy feeling that I cannot describe within myself. But I did not think too much about it that time to keep my heart calm. That night, Luqman did not take the usual way to the school, he said he was taking a shortcut that his father told him before. For a shortcut, the road was sure dark and small with sounds of nocturnal animal coming from both sides of the road. We also did not see any cars or people beside us during our way there. That is when I started to wonder whether we had lost our way or not. But then again, my anxiousness was short-lived when Luqman stated that we were drawing near to that school. When we arrived, we thought that the school was spooky and look quite haunted on the outside. To take a closer look at the school, I suggested that we step outside the car and walk around the edges of the school. All of us agreed apart from Nabhan who was too scared to go outside. We then told him to stay inside the car because we were just planning for a short walk. He firstly refused but then decided to just stay in the car.
There was nothing weird at the beginning of our walk, we were just looking around at the geography of the school to mark the start of our one week journey. All of a sudden, I heard someone screaming from inside of the school. We were very surprised and terrified at the same time after hearing the scream. All of us insisted to go back immediately, then again, I thought that maybe someone was in need of help from inside the school. With some little bravery I had left, I told them that we must check to see if there was really someone inside the school at that hour. They were really hesitant to verify the source of that sound but I managed to persuade them to follow me. As we get near, the scream before had stopped and it suddenly became dead silent around us. Suddenly, the scream turned into creepy laughter that echoes all around us. Without thinking, all of us ran as fast as lightning towards the car with no turning back to see if anyone was there.
When we arrived, there was one more surprise for us, Nabhan was not in the car. We did not know where he would go alone as he is quite a coward if he’s alone. There was no other choice at that time, we got into the car and Luqman just sped to go back home. While all of us were frightened in the car, out of the blue, something just appeared in front of the road and bammm…. I woke up with sweats covering me and realized it was all just a nightmare a day before we began our third SBE.

Prose non-fiction

        That day, I immediately prepared myself to go to school as it was our first day of SBE. We ensured that nothing was left behind as we left for school. To be honest, I was quite nervous for this SBE because the school that we chose is certified as a High Performance School. This is my first experience for this type of school as all the schools I’ve been before is normal type of school. Unlike my dream, the school looks prestigious and delightful to the point that I thought this was a new school. In reality, this school has operated for more than 50 years with a lot of achievements on its records. When we arrived, all of the pupils and teachers greeted us like we were no stranger to them. We felt very welcomed in this school on the very first day.
            However, all of our feelings changed when we meet the headmaster. My first impression of him was that he is a cold and strict person. My thought was further proven to be correct when we were called to meet him in his office. The Headmaster of the school was very particular about anything related to work. Before we were dismissed, he advised us to be serious during our time here and take all of the experience that we got as preparation for the future. Although he is quite a strict man, I think that is one of the quality that makes the school as a High Performance School. After spending five days in that school, I really noticed the difference from the mainstream schools where this school had successfully built a unique identity and character for their staffs and pupils.
            On the last day, we felt quite sad to leave this school and all of my new little pupils that I’ve known for a week. However, nothing lasts forever in our lives. Eventually, we have to say goodbye even to the people and things we loved the most.
Poem

Once in a while,
I often question my decisions,
Whether or not I’ve made the right choice.

Being a teacher,
Is it really what I want?
Is it a reality that I’m willing to accept?

Wake up in the morning,
Taking a bath and going to school.
However, there’s a heaven that always cheer me up,
My pupils call it a classroom.

Looking at the joyful face every day,
Gives me motivation and positivity,
To affirm my decisions of becoming a teacher.

Comments

Popular Posts