MOHAMAD IDHAM


FICTION
Where Have They Gone?
            12th of March, I went to a school for my School Based Experience (SBE) in Jerantut, Pahang. The name of the school is Sekolah Kebangsaan Temin. When I was in SMK Jerantut, I remember that SK Temin was a school where almost all of the students are brilliant students and strong in religion beliefs. Before the students were accepted into the school, they will have to go through various and multiple test such as IQ test and knowledge in matter of Quran and Sunnah. It is compulsory for the students to stay in hostel and they are allowed to go back only once a month. The teachers are quite mysterious because all of them didn’t talk much with outsiders. I have that feeling where the teachers there are hiding a secret from outsiders.
            I went for SBE at that school without my friends and since the first day, I felt like something is not right with this school. I was welcomed by the headmaster, Encik Aziz when I entered the school. Encik Aziz looks like a retired military personnel. He has that bushy beard, tall and slightly dark skinned person. I was quiet afraid of him because of how he looks and his personality. The other thing is, I was shocked with the school environment because I thought it was a prestige school. The paint on the wall has faded in moss growing all over it. The school furniture was damaged and the toilet was so dirty. I don’t know why, but the school is also quite and it feels like no one was there in the school.
During recess, as I walked to the canteen, I saw students walking out of their class. They looks so scared and they also avoided to have eye contact with me. I tried to have a conversation with one of the students, but he immediately ran away from me as if he saw a ghost behind me.
            I went back to my place in the teacher’s room and I asked one of the teacher why the students in this schools looks like they are scared of something.
            “Is there anything that this school is hiding from the public?” I continued.
            Suddenly, his face reaction changed as if he was shock and quickly stared at me. He said, “I wouldn’t ask that question if I were you. How about you mind your own business?”.
            I was stunned by what he just said to me and that makes me feels like investigating what is actually happening in this school. There is too many things on my mind with too many things that happened in one day.
            Later that night, I went back to the school to find out what the school is hiding all this while. I took my car and drove to the school during midnight when it was 12 a.m. I parked my car behind the school compound and sneaked in the school by climbing up a wall. I brought my camera with me also if I could get something to be taken as a proof. I started to walk in the shadows towards the hostel and as I’m getting closer I could hear people shouting and crying. My knee started to freeze and my hands started to shake. I keep on walking until I saw a very scary view where the students are being tortured by the teachers. Their hands was tied, and their mouth was filled with clothes like prisoners or a kidnap victim.
            I took out my camera and started recording the incident. I was recording from an abandoned block where the broken chairs and furniture were thrown. Suddenly, my hand slipped and hit a vase on a table. The vase fell and broke, creating a loud noise until the noise suddenly stopped. The teachers looked around and one of them saw me. The teacher shouted and all of them left the student and started chasing me. I ran back towards my car and I almost got caught at the wall but I managed to jump over. I get back into my car and started racing towards the nearest police station. Once I’ve reached the police station, I quickly show the officer the recording what was happening in that school.
            Then, the police department sent two trucks and three patrol car to the school. I was told to stay at the police station because it might be dangerous if I get back there. I waited nervously and after almost 2 hour, they came back. They said that there is nothing happened in that school and what makes it weirder is there is no one in the school. All of them were missing right after they came. I almost lost my mind, because I saw it with my own eyes.
            Month has passed, and there is no news about the teachers and students. They were still missing. The video that I have recorded spread like a wildfire but only God knows where they’ve gone. I prayed that the students is doing fine and hopefully one day, we will be able to see them again.









NON FICTION
INSPIRATION
I am a student from IPG Kampus Bahasa Antarabangsa. My name is Shakir. I am a student who the lecturers knew me well because I always create problems and troubles other people. Some of the lecturers accepted me the way I am and helped me to change to be a better person. Others are just trying to bring me down just because they didn’t liked me. To be honest, teaching is not what I wanted to do and the only reason I came here is to fulfil my mother’s dream because she wanted me to be a teacher like her. I have many amazing and wonderful friends in my campus, everyone is so supportive and I liked it here but at some times, I cried because I couldn’t be who I wanted to. These days goes on and on until today.
On the 10th March 2019, I went to a school in Jerantut, Pahang. I decided to do my School Based Experience (SBE) at my primary school, SK Bandar Jerantut. The reason why I chose that school is because that is the place where most of my beautiful memories were created. I went to the school and registered at the office. I was only 3 minutes in the school and I already met my teachers. I almost cried because I miss them so much. I miss how back in that day, I could still shake and kiss their hands like I used to because so far I could only see my female’s teachers.
Later, I was called by the headmaster to join the assembly and I was asked to introduce myself infront of the whole school. The students welcomed me with a song, ‘Selamat Datang’ and that is how I did when we received a new teacher into the school. I also took the chance to stand with the students in line. It feels so different, when I was younger, I looked at the teacher infront. Now, I’m looking at the students. Then, before the assembly ends, we sang our school song. I could not believe that I could still remember the lyrics.
I remember one teacher. He has always been my inspiration to me and he is my favourite teacher in that school. He passed away during 12th October 2011 because of kidney failure. As I’m walking in the school, I could see his shadows, and as if I could listen to his laughter along the hall where we always sat and talk about English. We shared common interest and that what makes me close to him.
I decided to go to the teacher’s room, and went to his desk. The school kept his desk as a memory for the school because he is a very friendly person and he is kind towards everyone. I sat and saw a picture of me and him on the glass table. I pulled the drawer and saw a diary. I took and read it until I came to a part where he told that he did not want to be a teacher. It was also his parents decision. Then he stopped. Behind of that writing, he wrote, “I wanted to be who I wanted to, but parents knows what is best for me. I wanted to be someone else, but God knows that I could be more with myself”. That is his last word he wrote in his diary. I wish I could have read this long ago. He is truly an inspiration to me and now, I’m going to do what he has already done towards everyone.























POEMS

Begin
Joyous                        Successful
Arriving                        Entering                       Teaching
Quench                       Pupils              Thirst               For                   Knowledge
Leaving                       Empowering                Driving
Exhausted                   Sad
Leave

Comments

Popular Posts